Sunday 15 December 2013

I was Poor, a Prostitute but God showed me love - Faith 3

                                               

Years past , we got use to our life, I was in school, so were my brothers, my mum was doing good in her business... The DPO was extremely good to us, visits us from time to time, pays my school fees as promised, He became part of us.

On my 16th birthday, He (DPO)visited, after the party, he asked for my mum's permission to take me out, my mum accepted, we left, He took me to a gift shop, bought somethings for me, I felt soo special. He said he wanted to change his clothes so from there we went to his house, I wanted to wait in his car, but he said I should come inside the house and wait as he changes his clothes, I accepted, we went inside (It wasn't my first time of coming to his house).



I was sitting in the sitting-room for some minutes when he appeared with a towel round his waist, I felt a bit uncomfortable, he came close to me and asked me to hug him, I did but I was shaking, he said I should relax, he asked if  have ever been with a man , I said no, he said that he wants us to get close, that he likes me and all, that i should promise him that whatever happens here will be between us, I accepted, He carried me inside his room and had sex with me, I don't think I won't say he raped with, I wasn't in pain and I can't say I enjoyed it either, everything happened so fast, he dropped me and left. I came in, my mum said we wasted so much time, asked where we went, I told her and showed her the gift but I didn't tell her we went to his house.

After three days, he visited, we all ate together as usual and he left, because I missed some years before i started school, I was still in class 2 then , but i was very intelligent, he suggested that I should start going to lesson outside my school, that he wants me to write SSCE soon , he said even if I don't pass it, I will try again and we all agreed.

The next week, i was enrolled in a private lesson, Most times, He comes to pick me up from lesson, he will take me to his house, we will have sex, it became a routine, I started enjoying it after a while, never told anybody about it and it continued like this for long, After attending school and lesson for a year, i wrote my SSCE and passed it at once, at 18years, i was doing my first year in the university in calabar...

The DPO was always visiting, sometimes, he tells my mum but most times he doesn't let her know that he is coming to see me, All these years, we were not aware that he is married with grown up kids, I have never asked him but my mum did and he said no, of which she always tell him, to look for a good girl and settle down with but he will always laugh at her. Until one day, i was at home because we were on holidays, a woman came in with some boys, immediately my mum opened the door, they all bounced on my mum and started beating her i rushed to the scene immediately and i received the same beating but i jump on my mum and protected her from the beating before our neighbors now came and separated us.

The woman was shouting , saying that we have snatched her husband, that this is just the beginning , that we should be ready for them , they entered their car and left, we were all astonished as we couldn't comprehend anything, our neighbors were all surprise because that was the first time we are having issue with anybody, the woman didn't mention who her husband was, my brothers came in, we explained what happened, My bothers were surprise as well and said it might be a case of mistaken identity because my mum will always warn us not to look for anybody's trouble, despite been close to a DPO , We never took advantage of that, we were always on our own.

My brother assuming that it was a case of mistaken identity, decided to go and report the case, but because our DPO friend was transfer to another state at that time, we decided to call him on the phone (that was in the days of 090) . we called him, he asked who the woman was and how the woman was, we explained, he then ask us to go to his formal station and ask for a particular person, we did and some police men were assign to us, they followed us to our house, looked around , asked some questions before they now left later in night.
They kept on patrolling our street that period but the woman never showed up, the next weekend , the DPO visited us and we were talking about the case when the woman showed up again with her boys.

The most surprising thing, is that immediately they barged into our house, the DPO shouted who is that ... and couldn't talk again when he saw the woman, everybody was quiet for about 3minutes, my mum now ask him, do you know this woman, he nodded, the woman now asked my mum, don't you know that he was married since you have been sleeping with him, my mum looked surprise and told the woman, I have known him for years, but he never told me that he was married, I have personally asked him and he said no. He is like a brother to us and I am not sleeping with him.

Everybody was quiet for some minutes, when the DPO now rose up, he said we should all forgive him for lying in the first place, made a long speech on why he did it (there marriage wasn't working, and they were separated for years and was considering divorce then) he didn't want anybody to talk him out of it that's why, but later-on, both families stepped into the case and reconciled them, he didn't know how to tell my mum about it, he decided to keep it to himself, he asked my mum to forgive him and also forgive his wife for coming to harass us .

The evening ended well, he officially introduced us to his 5 sons and wife, (the last was my mate), my mum was really excited because not been married at his age was really paining her, but I felt betrayed, used, dumped, he never promised me anything aside from training me in school and he respected that but I was bitter within, not that I was expecting him to marry me but I wasn't happy of the whole situation we found ourselves but I pretended to be happy, we all ate together and they left to the hotel, because they all came from another city...


The story continues...
For part 1 here
For part 2 here

1 comment: