Saturday 14 December 2013

Faith's journey continues.... part 2

                                                    
Days after my mum was bailed, the DPO visited us, He met my mum outside in her shop, my mum gave him some plantain, he was eating and talking with my mum when i came out of our house, i greeted him, he answered and asked me where i was coming from, i told him that i was inside the house changing my school uniform, he looked surprised and ask where is your house, i replied behind you Sir, he said, in that zinc, i said yes Sir, that's our house,  he didn't say anything, after eating the plantain, he asked my mum, how much , my mum smiled and said, do you think that i will ever collect money from you even if you eat plantain here throughout this year, we all laughed and he left...

For many weeks, we didn't see him, my mum saw him in a dream and in the morning, she was telling us about her dream (can't remember what it was all about), when i came back from school that day, she sent me to his office, she gave me some plantain to give him, she said i should ask him if all is well with him because she saw him in her dream that day. I went to his office, he was very excited to see me, he asked me about my brothers and mum, i told him what my mum said and all, He smiled and said that he is fine, that its just that he has been busy. After some minutes, I left, got to the house, i told my money what he said. She said OK.



Three weeks after my visit to his office, he came to my house with some policemen in the evening, he asked about my two elder brothers, i told him that they re at work, he said where?, i said they are conductors, he said OK, he said if he wants to see them now, how possible is it, i said possible but not immediately because i have to go to the bus-stop and wait for their bus to pass before i can tell them, He smiled and said OK , I should go. I left to the bus-stop, after a while, i saw my immediate elder brother and told him why i came, He got scared and asked me why he wants to see them, i said i don't know, he said, you see how stupid you are, a police man asked you to come and call me and you came, why did you accept that you knew me in the first place, if i slap you , you will return and tell him that we have moved to the village, i said what? why? he said, ever since you lived in this A.J, have you ever heard that police comes to look for someone for a good thing...

As we were talking, my eldest brother saw us and joined us, asked why i came , my brother told him, he asked if its the same man that released my mum, I said yes, He asked where was my mum, I replied that she is at home when I left, My eldest brother said that we should go and see him, that since he released mum , he won't be there for anything bad, he returned to his bus, and gave the driver the money that was with him and we all went home.

By the time, we got to our street, people have crowded in front of our house, my brothers ran ahead of me to see what was happening, when I got there, I saw my younger ones parking our things into a mini bus, i rushed inside, saw my mum, asked him what went wrong with tears in my eyes, she smiled and said nothing, just that GOD has remember us, I didn't understand what she meant, the DPO has left, I saw my brother discussing with one of the police officers and he was laughing, I turned and asked my mum, what is really happening, what do you mean by GOD has remembered, she said Faith my daughter, we will no longer live here again the DPO has rented a place for us, we will no longer live in a zinc house, I jumped up and screamed ... etc

Later in the night, we were in our new house, a 3bedroom flat, well furnished, it was like a dream, we couldn't believed , we were so happy, discussing, singing praise till in the early hours of the morning before we now slept off in the siting-room, we were so comfortable sleeping on the rug, it was soo comforting that we woke very late, we took our bath, my mum prepared some food and as we were eating, the DPO showed up, my mum served him some food, he ate with us...

After we finished, we all went on our knees and thanked him, he said Nooo! that we shouldn't do that again, that he just want us to take him as one of us, from there he asked my brothers, what they wanted to do, they said, they wanted to further their education, he said OK, but that he can't be able to send the 5 of us to school all at once, that he has spoken with 2 of his friends, that work with the brewery, that they will give them a job, that with that job, they can save and enroll themselves in school, he said my mum should think of any trade she can do in other to sustain the two of my younger brothers, that he will personally train me to any level i wanted to go. It was like a movie, my mum couldn't talk, she was just crying all through ... We were more than excited, it was like a movie....

The story continues...

2 comments: