Friday 28 March 2014

Nothing can separate my wife and I – Actor, Prince Eke

muma gee 5853 muma gee
Prince Eke, known as Mr. Humility is a popular Nollywood actor, model, writer and movie Director.  In this interview with  Lucy Ezeliora (Daily Independent) , This tall and handsome actor, takes us through his life and marriage to popular musician, Muma Gee…  
You got married in 2011. How would you describe the experience so far? 
Wonderful, sweet and relaxing.  The years I’ve spent in marriage have been awesome. It’s a wonderful experience. You know, marriage comes with occasional misunderstanding which is very normal. People who are skeptical about the success of my marriage have nothing to fear. They will join me in celebrating my golden jubilee wedding anniversary as nothing but death can separate my wife and I. I love her.

What do you miss as a bachelor?
Nothing really; though once in a while, I miss those days of hanging out with friends.  


Why do you keep your wife away from your activities, especially your acting career?
I have my reasons for not allowing her to act. She is a very busy person and has a lot on her plate. You know music needs a lot of concentration. Being professionals in our different fields, we know when to allow each other be. Sometimes, I take her with me to locations to enable her see the making of some movies. But most often, she would prefer to stay back in our hotel room and allow me go alone to location and come back to take her out in the evening.  Even when I insist, she fakes tiredness because she understands my job. While I was shooting a movie in Abuja, she kept coming almost every other week because I was there for three weeks. She’s a very supportive woman.  For instance, the first movie I did after our traditional marriage, I was naked in it. The movie was produced by Chijioke Nnaji and titled, Mirror of Life. I had to call her to explain. She gave me the go ahead to do my thing.

Is it that she has nothing against you acting nude roles? 
Not really, the truth is, she understands that I’m doing my job.  Acting nude or not, does not bother her as long as I’m happy.

How do you manage your home; you’re into acting and she, into music. When do you have time for each other? 
We put the family first.  Life is very simple when you understand it. I can’t remember the last time I tried to separate my family and career. Though they are two different things but are nicely wrapped up in one. That is what makes me who I am. When I finish shooting, I go back to stay with my wife. If not working, I stay at home all day.

You are reputed to be one of the ‘bad boys’ in Nollywood. How do you cope with female admirers?
I pray for them because without them, I won’t be where I’m today. They come and go. The plain truth is, these bees are always attracted to the honeycomb; people are attracted to their opposites, so it’s not a new thing but God has given  me good wisdom to handle this side of fame. I handle my fans well especially my female fans. I relate with them, get close to them while still keeping a distance since I wouldn’t want my relationship with a fan to destroy my home.

Where are you from?
Ngor-Okpala in Imo State.

How about your family? 
I’m the last child of eight children, seven boys and a girl. The girl happens to be the first child.

What did you study in the University?
I studied Psychology at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife Osun state. I also have a Masters degree in International Relations from the Imo State University.

When did you venture into acting?
I started acting in 2003 after my youth service and my first movie was, Indecent Proposal, which was shot in Port Harcourt. Ever since, God has been faithful to me

Aside acting, what else do you do?
I’m the CEO of G-cliff Nigeria Limited, an entertainment company. We are into branding, event planning, and movie production. We also have G-cliff Records which my wife manages. I also own an Art Academy to train upcoming stars.

How was growing up like?
Growing up was fun. I was a day student until I gained admission into Holy Ghost College, Owerri when I became a boarding student. It was fun. In those days, I used to ride my mother’s motorbike as well as her car. It was fun but some days were tough.

Can you tell us more about your parents?
They are late. My father was director of schools in Imo State as at 1981, he actually died as a lecturer at the University of Jos in 1986. My mum died in 2007, I’m the last child in the family. I have six elder brothers. They didn’t pamper me rather I got the beating of my life each time I stepped out of line because my mother pampered me a lot. They would come together to beat me back into line because they didn’t want me becoming wayward.

Which of your parents do you miss more?
My mother because she died five years ago whereas, my father, died 26 years ago.

What do you have to say to people who desire to marry celebrities?
Marriage is a beautiful thing. I think it’s more beautiful when you get married to a celebrity because both of you will always be recognized anywhere you go. Most people say celebrities are rude, they are not humble but, I don’t think so. For instance, my wife cooks my food. I don’t eat out and the cook does not even prepare my food, the only person that cooks for me, is my wife. So, I see it as a normal thing.

But the opinion is that marriages of celebrities don’t last?
People always say that but, I don’t think so. I’m a different person entirely. I’m not just a human being; I’m a super human being. Where others are failing, I succeed. It’s my identity. In my marriage, opting out is not an option. My marriage is the best and shall remain so. My marriage is an exception to the rule.
                           muma gee Port Harcourt-
What is the craziest thing a fan has done to you?
Kissing me on the road! But the girl got more than she bargained for from my girlfriend then who slapped her for the effrontery.  I got down from a car and was about entering a supermarket when she saw me. She crossed the road, rushed to where I was standing, hugged and gave me a kiss. My then girlfriend just came down from the car and gave her a hot slap; though that action actually broke up our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment